|Online Library Cadet Booklet|
|Types of Libraries|
|History of Libraries In the Bahamas|
|Goals & Objectives|
|Evaluation & Conclusion|
Goals and Objectives
- To provide training as an ongoing process to maintain quality service in the public library system.
- To increase the quota of professional librarians by providing opportunities for them to receive in-service awards to pursue a master's degree in library science.
- To increase and strengthen staff at central administration level.
- To have new library legislation passed to ensure that library personnel matters regarding pensions and other benefits are satisfied.
- To employ qualified librarians and other library workers to fill key areas of service in the public library system.
- To expand story hour and annual summer reading programmes to at least seventeen (17) public libraries in the country.
- To standardize services in public libraries in the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.
- To further the development of the Central Technical Services at the Wulff Road Public Library.
- To provide extended opening hours for all public libraries.
- To have public libraries services automated to provide faster and more efficient service.
- To expand and maintain http://www.bahlibs.org Web site.
- To compile a union catalog for the public library system.
- To create a national bibliography.