|Online Library Cadet Booklet|
|Types of Libraries|
|History of Libraries In the Bahamas|
|Goals & Objectives|
|Evaluation & Conclusion|
Developing Skills for Future Careers In Librarianship
Topics to be covered:
Definition of a library
Public or user services
- Reference using printed/and electronic resources
- Circulation of books and library materials
- Book processing
- Classification/cataloguing using the Dewey Decimal Classification System
- Newspaper clippings/vertical file
Areas of Skill and Concentration
- Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public and cooperates and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team.
- Shelves library materials.
- Locates requested items.
- Puts books in order on shelves
- Assists staff with checking materials for damage and removing them from the shelves.
- Stamps and pockets new materials for circulation.
- Stamps date due cards.
- Adheres to library policies and procedures.
- Performs any other tasks as requested.